Fine Dust Filter
The research project aims at providing a marketable solution to reduce emissions of small scale biomass furnaces through the development of a system for fine dust separation. The system should meet the following requirements:
- Good deposition of fine particles in the submicron range
- Cost effective in purchase, installation, operation and maintenance
- Resistant to pollution and faulty operation
- Failsafe even with disturbance, for example power failure
- Easy integration into existing furnaces and building structure
Additional hazards, such as chimney fire, electric shock, uncontrolled smoke outlet in the interior of the house when malfunctions or blockages occurs, should be excluded. Filters, for example made of glass wool or biogenic materials, should be tested and optimized. Subsequently, practical experiments are planned to test the developed filter on safety, user-friendly operation and long-term stability.